This is an introductory workshop intended specifically for researchers who can write code or are interested in coding in a modern computing context (typical languages might be R or Python).
This hands-on training is intended to familiarise researchers and data scientists with the services that Cloud providers offer to aid them in their research, especially with regard to High Performance Computing, Big Data analysis, and analysing data streaming from Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices.
Activities in this workshop will cover:
- Introduction to Cloud services
- Intellectual Property and Security issues
- Creating VMs for teaching and research in the Azure cloud
- Machine Learning with the Azure Machine Learning Lab
- Introduction to Big Data Analytics with Apache Spark and Apache Hadoop
- Leveraging Cloud APIs: Eg. using the Google Vision API for image analysis
This course will usually run twice each academic year. If you would like a bespoke version of this course run in your department then please contact us.
Research postgraduate students and above; teaching and lecturing staff.
This course can be booked through the IT Training Unit