This course usually runs 6 or more times per year. If you would like a bespoke version of this course run in your department then please contact us.
Research postgraduate students and above
The purpose of the course is to give attendees the Unix skills to be able to automate workflows on a PC and on the HPC service. New and prospective HPC users are advised to take this course before taking the Introduction to HPC course.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of the Shell
- Effectively manage Files and Directories at the command line
- Create files, directories and other objects
- Create Pipes and Filters to join together commands
- Use Loops to repeat actions
- Create Shell Scripts: to automate workflows
- Find Things from the command line
Booking for this course is through the IT Training Unit.