We provide a comprehensive Research Computing support service for researchers in all faculties at the University of Leeds.
Service provided by Research Computing include:
A range of Research Software Engineering, consultancy and training services including:
- user guidance and training
- installing and supporting software applications on the HPC service
- improving software performance and handling large data sets
- guidance and support in meeting current and future research challenges with HPC
- how to incorporate HPC costings into grant applications
A large High Performance Computing (HPC or Supercomputing) resource consisting of several clusters which are used for all forms of predictive modelling, data analysis and simulation which are too large, too complex or too time consuming to be performed on a Desktop PC.
Support in the use of Cloud services (such as those from Amazon and Microsoft), ‘Big Data’ technologies such as Apache Spark & NoSQL databases and GP-GPU Computing.
Please contact us if you want to find out more.